PMKMY PENSION SCHEME FOR FARMERS LAUNCHED THROUGH CSCs
The Government today started registration for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana (PMKMY), a pension scheme for farmers through Common Services Centers (CSCs).
A monthly pension of Rs 3,000 will be provided to eligible farmers on attaining the age of 60.
- Farmers holding not more than 2 hectare (5 Acres) farm land.
- Age group of 18 to 40 years.
- Monthly contribution of Rs. 55 to Rs. 200 depending on the age of entry. Central government will also make an equal contribution.
- Farmers availing PM Kisan Fund only have to give consent for deduction of monthly contribution from PM Kisan Fund. They need not pay any amount.
- Those farmers who are not covered under PM Kisan have to make payment of initial contribution in cash to CSC and consent for monthly deduction through auto debit from the farmer’s bank account.
- Farmers can register without Aadhaar in Assam, Meghalaya and J&K. However, Aadhaar will be provided after enrolment.
Other Features are similar to PMSYM.
- Farmers having more than 2 hectare of land.
- Income Tax Payee.
- Government Servant including retired, other than Class IV.
- MP / MLA / Minister or public representatives holding other post excluding Gram Pradhan.
Each VLE shall enroll minimum 100 Farmers under the scheme till August 15th. All those completing the target will be awarded suitably.
VLEs and District VLE Societies to organize camps for farmer registrations.